All things designed and developed by Devin Romeo
I'm a currently a Product Designer at Hearst Digital Media. I specialize in strategic design and front-end development with a focus on user engagement. Enjoy your stay and contact me to keep the conversation going!
Project designed to find a solution for the hamburger menu. After listing all posible sections, I broke them up into categories and sorted them into two pages (Music and Media).Take a look
Mobile app designed to solve the problems and issues that come with the unknown wardrobe.Try it on
Surf app designed to simplify forecasts. This interface allows you to view current, hourly and daily weather/swells in an easy-to-understand interface.Check it out
March 2017 - Present
As a Product Designer I am responsible for investigating behavioral patterns and exploring ways in which a particular feature might solve a pre-identified user need. Within this fast-paced, agile environment, I personally:
- Solve complex problems while defining the balance between scaling existing products and designing new ones with the goal to benefit the brand.
- Design, build and maintain front-end frameworks in order to increase traffic and retention for popular media websites such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Harper’s Bazaar, and many more.
- Design, build and maintain the content management system allowing our editors the freedom to easily and effectively create engaging articles.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers to identify problems and execute solutions.
- Define and deliver the overall user experience including competitive research, prototyping, user testing, implementing scalable design systems, and front-end development.
October 2017 - Present
As Director of Interactive, my job is to manage the designing, developing, and rollout of the iOS app, Simpol. Since this is a company I currently manage part-time, I have 3 very important roles that fall under my title:
As Director I oversee a rotating team of 5, which includes engineers, designers, and marketers. I act as the creative director, product manager, and recruiter to make sure we have the right resources and that everyone is on schedule and adhering to our client’s needs.
As Product Designer I am responsible for defining and delivering the overall user experience including competitive research, prototyping, user testing and implementing a scalable native iOS design system.
As a Front-End Developer I work in Swift/xCode to handle front-end implementations, provide pixel-perfect finishing touches to new features, and dip into PHP if needed.
January 2015 - March 2017
Worked with a team of Product Managers, Engineers and Designers as we solved client-based problems for companies such as Tempur-Pedic, Chicos, Pernod Ricard, Brooklinen, and many more. Responsible for:
- Wireframing, prototyping, and presenting new products to clients and stakeholders with the goal of solving previously identified problems.
- Defining new design systems as well as scaling pre-existing ones.
- Completing a wide range of projects including responsive website redesigns, product ideation and development, cross-platform campaign assets, and rebranding.
October 2013 - December 2014
Junior Product Designer responsible for the ideation and production of multiple ‘co-brand’ websites. Within this agile environment, I worked closely with Product Managers, UX Designers and Engineers to effectively build and maintain these cross-platform, responsive templates from the ground up. Responsible for:
- Identifying and solving complex user-centered problems through extensive research, wireframing and prototyping.
- Defining and maintaining a scalable design system.
- Assisting in any pixel-perfect front-end cleanup.